Especially right before holiday season, the kitchen is a room where order and cleanness must prevail. In addition to removing the dirt and fat that accumulates in it, we must make sure that it does not become a home to germs and bacteria. Our kitchen creates good times, such as dinners with friends and family. That is why deep house cleaning is important to ensure good health.
We know house cleaning is not something easy to do. It may become an overwhelming task. Organizing yourself is very important for it not to become a tedious job.
Some advice before starting the process of house cleaning include:
- Making sure that you have all the products you need to clean. It is good to write them down on your shopping list in case you are forgetting something. It is best to begin cleaning once you know you have everything you need.
- Make sure you know how to properly clean the materials in your kitchen. You would not want to ruin anything just because you used the wrong tool or did not take the proper care.
- Have in mind the order of how you will clean the kitchen. This way, you will have a clear idea of where you are starting and where you are going to end.
- This is just a recommendation but have your favorite music or playlist at hand to make the process even more relaxing. You might find yourself enjoying it.
Gomez Professional Cleaning Services team recommends some of the following things you can do to ensure your kitchen is as pristine as ever:
- Start by cleaning the furniture. Usually the cabinets tend to accumulate dust both above and below them so try to watch out for these spots. A good tip is to make a spray that is equal parts water and white vinegar. The spray together with a microfiber cloth is very good to get rid of stains on the surface of your furniture. You can also add some aroma by adding some eucalyptus or lavender.
- Clean your microwave. We cannot stress this enough. We use the microwave plenty of times during the day and no matter the kind of food we are heating up, there is always some part of it left behind. No matter how small, it accumulates. One thing you can do to clean your microwave is the following: cut, squeeze, and place half a lemon juice in a microwave-safe dish or container. Add a cup and a half of water. Run the microwave for 5 minutes at maximum power and let the vapors do their work so you can finally remove the excess food with a clean cloth.
- Cleaning your oven. You can clean your oven with sodium bicarbonate which is a good product you can find in your house. The sodium bicarbonate is mixed with a bit of dishwasher soap and water until it forms a paste. This paste can later be applied to the oven’s surface. You should try to focus on the areas that have stains. Leave the paste for 5 minutes and then remove it with a moist cloth.
- Cleaning your kitchen walls. Even though you might not think about or completely disregard the fact, your kitchen walls tend to get dirty as well especially with fat or liquids. A good way to clean them is by using bar soap, the one you use to clean your clothes. You can grate it and add it to some water until it disintegrates. Once it does you can easily use it to clean your walls, be it with a cloth or a sponge.
Now you know some methods you can explore to clean your kitchen properly without it being time-consuming. Remember to organize what you are going to do first. Make sure you have all the materials you need. If not, the whole task will surely be prolonged longer than necessary. If you do not have something, add it to your shopping list and make sure to buy it next time you go to the supermarket. Also, try to make it fun. Do not let it become another tedious job. We even encourage you to play some music while you are cleaning. It can make the whole process easier and even more relaxing.
We know spring cleaning may not be your favorite thing. It is not as easy as it seems, and it does require some time. However, it is important to lead a healthy lifestyle. With the suggestions we have laid out for you your kitchen will be spotless. Also, you will not have to worry about germs or bacteria forming around you or your loved ones. Try to organize yourself, get your materials ready and most importantly, have some fun. You will be way more comfortable in a clean home.